Saturday, April 18, 2009

Week 2 SEOUL

SO.... its been almost 2 full weeks. It has gone by so fast, yet it feels like I have been here forever! It's not like a vacation, because you are thrown into living your life. Its new and exciting, but at the same time there is a calm about being here. It kind of feels like I am doing what I should be doing.

I really do like my job. Its not easy by any means, but the people are great and most of the kids are great. I found out today my apartment is one of the biggest. It actually is a huge studio. It comes with a washer and a full kitchen. I really actually like my bathroom or "wet room". It is actually really cool. You don't realize what a hassle curtains and whatnot can be sometimes. I do miss baths, but its just because the option is gone. I only took like 2 or 3 a year anyway.

The food is awesome. I really like Korean food. I know my family is probably shocked by that, considering I was so picky growing up. They the only thing I don't like about the food is when they throw in squid, the tentacles freak me out!

When I got here, I had to walk up 4 flights to my apartment. When I got to the top I was so out of breath. And up until the last month I was in Ohio, I ran about 2 miles every day. I was apparently still really lazy. I would circle parking lots to find the closest spot, instead of parking far away, because I always felt in a hurry in the USA. Its busy here, but I never feel rushed. I walk 5-8 minutes to work every day. Its really a pretty nice walk. Its so easy. There aren't super huge hills like in Akron, but its not as flat as Tampa. I feel so much better having to walk everywhere. It just helps when you have an awesome transportation system.

I have to say I thought more things would be in English, i.e. street names and such. Yeah that's not the case at all. I still only know 2 frases in Korean. I can say thank you and ask how much.

This last week I have been severely sick. I had some sort of flu or something, it was kind of miserable. But I came home every night drank some tea and went to sleep. I started losing my voice Wednesday. Still it's now Saturday at 6pm and I have no voice at all. My roommates and AmTrust people remember when I lost my voice in the fall last year. It only lasts like 3-4 days, but it still sucks, especially when you teach kids and can't talk over them. But, I do feel better, regardless of the loss of voice.

Well, If you want to skype or IM let me know. My skype is Rosieh714 and my AIM is Nekorosie :) I am either 13 or 14 hours ahead depending on where you live. For my Cali people its 16 hours ahead.

K- I love you all, miss you! You are in my thoughts always.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jamie, it looks like you are having fun too! I have looked at your pics on FB.

    ReplyDelete