Monday, April 27, 2009

Start of week 3

Sorry its been so long.

So I have been busy this last week getting on my feet after being really sick. I have been basically just working a lot. Some of the kids drive me crazy, but I am learning a lot. It is a great break from working for so long. I feel more my age. I felt like the grey cube of death was going to be my life. Now I am in SOUTH KOREA. HOLY EFF... who would have thought this a year ago!?!?!?

I am sad I will be missing my family trip to Florida this June. I miss my family and my niece and nephew so much. I really need their addresses: HINT HINT KATIE AND MICHELLE! It is going to be different being here.

So a little stuff about Korea. My boss took Karrin and I to a restaurant in a popular foreigner part of the city. We got to cook our own beef and pork. It was making our own soup in the middle of the table. We then went to this bar where they played basically only American Hip Hop and R&B. It was kind of interesting to watch all of these Koreans singing along to the words (well most of the words). A couple of local guys sat down and talked to Karrin and I for a bit. One of them told me, the lyrics are too fast, so they usually only know the chorus. :) They were really funny. It was great meeting people who weren't just teachers. So my boss took us to this club, which I was really excited to see a "real" club. Unfortunately, there are no fire code limits on people. You walk in and can't move. It was like swimming through people. We left within about 5-10minutes.


Sunday we went to a Lantern Festival for Buddha's birthday! It was really awesome, I really just wish it was warmer. I should have pictures up in a few days.

So send me emails, update me on what is going on with you... I miss you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment