Tuesday, April 7, 2009

FIRST BLOG FROM SEOUL

Hi everyone, I am just making this basic to get it started. I will post pictures soon.

1. I need to learn how to use chopsticks.

2. I used my first Korean word on my own today.

3. My back hurts from either the bed, the plane, or the 8 hours of observation in kiddie chairs.

4. The public transportation puts Cleveland to shame completely!

5. My co-workers and boss are so effin great, I really couldn't have asked for better.

6. I forgot how much it sucks to do my make-up properly every day.

7. I had my first "attempt" at using a toilet in the floor. Needless to say, I chickened out and we found another restroom for me to take my pee test. Believe me I have squatted a few times in my life, and that is just impossible to pee into a cup while squatting.

8. My kids are adorable and so smart. They kind of put American children to shame a little bit... :( 5 years old and can read and write and speak English after 1 year of classes. I thought I was a smart child (yeah no). Also, they call me Rosemary Teacher and stare at me all through class to make sure I watch how much they know.

9. The drivers are either crazy, reckless, or just amazing drivers, and yet the pedestrians are just ridiculously walking out in the middle of it.

10. Food: Korean food is kind of awesome! I went to an "Italian" restaurant, and the food is better than the ones in Cleveland. WTF.

No comments:

Post a Comment