Tuesday, April 21, 2009

the start of Week 3

So it's been about 16-17 days. I am really happy I came. My friend Karrin and I went to this huge mall on Sunday for dinner. It was great. We sat outside and talked for a while. We talked about a ton of things about life, family, friends, careers. We talked about how I travelled a lot and did a lot by the time I was 21, and how after that I planted myself for a few years in Cleveland. I am very happy I came back there. I met some people who have really changed my life. Some I realized are important family to me.

In that time, so much has happened with my family as well. My nephew is officially "chemo free" as I call it, since December 15th. Both my niece and nephew (Bella and Angelo) are doing well in school. My sisters are both going back to school and have really great families. My brother is living in Prague with my nephew Sammy.

This was a huge decision to come here. Who knows if I will continue this type of work for a few years, but it is a great way to see the world. I am so glad I have the support of my family and friends!

I am meeting some very interesting people. My co-foreign teachers are from all over the US, and the Native teachers are great and really cool people.

OHOHOH yeah---I made a potential new friend all on my own! :) He doesn't work at my school, nor is he another English teacher. He may only work at the bank down the block. Who knows, he may be able to show me around SK?!?!

I will write a more detailed blog with video's and such later in the week :)

Hope everyone is doing well. I miss you all. Big HUGS from far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment