Thursday, July 16, 2009

27 in Korea

HI :)

SO again it has taken me a minute to write another blog....

Okay so a re-cap... Well first as you may have been able to tell, I was getting a bit down from work and homesickness. I am actually doing better now. I have been here almost 4 months. Its kind of crazy right?!?!

Well last month I started venturing out of my bubble that I accidentally decided to hibernate in. Possibly due to the negativity and draining days that haegwons (private schools) bring. I met some really cool people from my new friend Sharon. They are all English teachers, but they have public school jobs... so much more positive! They live in Incheon, which is a city right near Seoul. They are all different and wonderful. I have just begun getting to know them, and I think they are great. It has definitely put me into the positive perspective again. We went to a really cool bar the first night which was called Flare, and it had some guy tossing fire. I will post a video of that. I am sort of backed up on pictures and videos.

Then Karrin and I went with them to Muuido, a small island outside of Incheon. Don't get excited, its not one of those fancy beaches... some of you Ohioans can relate with Put N Bay. Not even like the mini, mini island my family and I boat to off the coast of Tampa. Anyway, it was a really great time. It was a 3 hour ordeal to get there. We waited at a bus stop for way over an hour, and we ended up taking a cab with two people who were waiting for a bus too. We get there and our huts are actually on the beach. They were cramped space for 4 people, which 2 can sleep comfortably. I say comfortably with a hard floor and a pillow, but for $8 a night, it wasn't horrible. It was the 4th of JULY, so we had sparklers and firecrackers, and a fire. It was a good company, good conversation, good scenery kind of experience. So yes, very glad to have met them.. :)

Next, MY BIRTHDAY **BLECK** EW 27
So, I am the youngest Houston child, who is creeping quickly to the big THREE ZERO! Its really weird. So I spent the entire week and a half, remembering all of my 27 years young. I went through quite a few emotions with regard to it. I missed my friends and family like crazy, mostly like a 7 year old wants to go home at 9:00pm at their sleepover! haha... yeah strange... Not necessarily the breakdown my 30th will bring, but definitely brought some strange feelings. Anyway, the conclusion... I am happy in the place I am right now, and the person that I am now. So, be it 21 or 51, I am cool with right now. Whichever country I may be in...

Anyway... I will right more this weekend I presume. I love you all and miss you very much. You are in my thoughts everyday!

***BIG HUGS**** from SK

PS I still need addresses people! Seriously! Mine is listed below, and I know I have a crap load of things I need to send out, so some addresses I have others I need.... so even if you are just expecting a postcard, GET ON giving me your addresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment