Thursday, September 10, 2009

Month 6 ;-)

HI HI HI HI~

So, I am in Month 6! It is so weird. I have to say it has flown by. As most of you know last month and this month I was really sick. So I am now getting better, so I can write and let you know what happened. Well at the beginning of August I felt like I had a stuffy nose. I thought it was just my normal allergies, but my allergy medicine wasn't working. Well I had one of my Korean co-teachers write me a note to go to the pharmacy for sore throat and sneezing. The medicine worked for a day, then I got worse. So after a week, I went to the doctor. The ladies(possibly nurses??) couldn't spell my name in Korean and didn't speak any English. It was awesome! The doctor seemed more worried about if I had swine flu, rather than what was actually wrong with me. So he perscribed me medicine for 3 days. As you probably guess, it didn't work, and I went back again. He then was wearing a mask when he heard I was back, and said my symptoms still weren't swine flu, so prescribed me 4 more days of medicine. Well I started to feel better for like 2 days, and I was so excited. It was a Friday. Sunday, my nose felt stuffy. I was trying to be positive.

The next day I got food poisoning. It was awesome!!! I felt like my stomach was eating itself! And that night, during all of that. I came down with a fever. I decided it was due to my stomach ache. I was wrong! The fever got worse. So I went to the ER with my Manager of our school and Jimmy(Angie my supervisor's assistant). They don't speak English well, so again my symptoms and problems were not relayed properly. Not their fault, they were really nice about it. I also got tested for SWINE FLU! Awesome! Clearly, didn't have it since I was not exposed to anyone with SWINE FLU, since I had mainly been at school and my apartment. Still, I took the medicine, hoping to feel better and nothing! Then finally I went to go see another doctor and made Angie go with me, so I could describe to the doctor what was wrong with me exactly and how long I had been sick. So he finally said ANTIBIOTIC!!! YAY! And wouldn't you know, I started getting better the next day. Now it is 5 days later and I am almost back to my normal self.

SO yeah, that's why I wasn't writing for a while. There wasn't anything good to write about. All I wanted was to go to a CVS or Walgreen's or something. It sucked! I can't pretend it was good, it wasn't. I figured if I wrote while sick, I would sound like such a Debbie Downer, that I couldn't.

I had a good few people who were really great during that time, and that made it easier.

So this weekend, I am going OUTSIDE!! I have to! The cabin fever set in weeks ago. I remember getting snowed in for 1 day and going crazy! So just imagine basically a month!

Few things:
I didn't update, because there wasn't much to say. But, email me! I want updates. I can't believe it has been this long. I really miss y'all so much!

BIG HUGS and lots of Love from SK!

Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment