Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June 3, 2009

Hi hi hi :)
SO the week and a half of hell is finally over! We had to do end of the month evaluations. I didn't have the most kids to evaluate, but I did have a lot. I had 58 or 53 kids to evaluate. THAT BLOWS! Because, it isn't during our normal scheduled hours, it time before/after work. Some teachers do them from home, as I said before. But, I won't work if I try to do it at home! So I spent some days working past 8pm. Since I am the newest, I have no idea how the other teachers have done this for so long!! Its going to be a tough year. But, I never said I was expecting to have a year vacation. I realize I have to earn my keep. But, sometimes I just don't want to! Especially when you hear, "teacher, teacher, teacher look, teacher he did this, teacher he is speaking Korean, teacher, teacher, teacher, teacher." There is a reason I am not a parent at this stage in my life! I deal with a lot of different ages too: from 6-14. The most prominent age is 6 years old Korean, which is 5 American. I can't explain when the dates switch or whatever, I can just say they believe you are alive in the womb, so they count that into the age.

SO another stressful thing is, on top of my evaluations (OH AND BEING SICK!), I had to prepare for this open class. Which (I mean no disrespect to the school) I think they blow. It makes the teachers have extra work (that they don't get compensated for), and added stress of having the parents in the classroom! Which I know that ALL the "main" teachers hate it, but we are so glad when it is finished. Not all teachers have to do the open class, just the main Kindergarten teachers. Mine is finished! My co-teacher for the class (she is the Korean teacher for the class), witnessed me getting super stressed! SO glad its over. I hate extra work. WE already work so much!

Anyway, we have a 3-day weekend coming up, so I am looking forward to not going into work!!!!!YAY!

K- little update BUH BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment